What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
The carpal bones in the wrist create a tunnel around the median nerve. The median nerve can become pinched or affected by inflammation, resulting in tingling, lack of muscle strength and pain. Injury is often caused by repetitive movements or blunt force.
Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
1. If there is bone misalignment, the wrist, elbow and/or upper spine can be reset their correct positions by a chiropractor.
2. Cold laser therapy can significantly the decrease pain and inflammation associated with CTS.
3. Bracing limits extension and flexion in the wrist which can encourage recovery.
4. Rehabilitation can also encourage recovery by strengthening the areas surrounding the wrist.
5. Assessing and discussing ergonomics of the home and work place will minimize further stress on the wrist.
In one study, 12 manipulative treatments were performed by a chiropractor on a person with CTS. This resulted in significantly increased grip strength, normalized motor and sensory latencies and dissipated symptoms.
Call for a FREE Consulation. By using more than one method of treatment, we are getting great results.
The above methods are also used to treat:
Sciatica, Whiplash, Low Back Pain, Neck Pain, Mid Back Pain, Arm and Leg Pain, Headaches, Disc Herniation and more