Common Mistakes Following A Car Accident
1. Assuming your insurance rates will go up if you get treatment.
2. Not knowing chiropractic care is covered.
3. Accepting less than your vehicle is worth in the settlement.
4. Settling the case too soon, therefore losing your right to treatment coverage.
5. Saying you're "fine" when you're actually hurt.
6. Waiting too long to file a lawsuit.
7. Admitting fault.
What You Should Know If You Have Been Involved In An Auto Accident:
Proper evaluation by a Doctor of Chiropractic is important because they are trained in soft tissue injuries. Even if you are just sore, you should get checked out immediately because you may experience pain, headaches, stiffness, fatigue, and more problems including arthritis many months down the road.
What Happens if The Insurance Company Wants To Settle?
Do not sign or settle until you have been evaluated for injuries. If you settle before your injury is healed, you may have to pay out of pocket for your medical bills.
What If The Car Has Only Minor Damage?
“The amount of damage to the car bears little relation to the force applied to the cervical spine (neck) of automobile occupants”, according to studies. Basically, the damage to the person is not necessarily directly related to the damage of the vehicle.
Common Car Accident Symptoms
Lower Back Pain